Saturday, May 19, 2012

What is most familiar in your life?

I am leaving for Bozeman in the morning and am so excited!  God has provided such a sweet time the past few weeks with dear friends who have been a huge blessing in my life here in Nashville - they have supported me, prayed for me, challenged me, and pointed me to the Lord, for which I am eternally grateful.  I have finally finished the last of the tasks here that needed to be accomplished and am hitting the road early in the AM - it's a 27 and a half hour drive and I am grateful to have two dear friends going with me.  Please pray for safe travels and that the Lord would continue to prepare my heart for the work He will have me do when I get there, and for the precious people I will have the privilege of serving and working alongside in Montana!

Also, with things coming to a close for this season here in Nashville, the question was recently posed to me, "What is most familiar in your life?"  There are so many things we can put our hope and trust in - Jesus, family, friends, work, where we live, money, house, etc - all good things, but only one is the ultimate - and that is our Savior.  Getting ready to leave Nashville, a place I have lived for the past six years to head to Bozeman has really allowed me step back and gain perspective and to seek the Lord in prayer that He would be what truly gives me the most comfort and the only foundation I ever plant my feet on.  Although there are times it can be scary stepping out of our comfort zone, it is a chance for God to show us that He is enough and that He works in our life in ways far beyond what we can imagine... Is Jesus what is most familiar in your life?

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." - Joshua 1:9

I am so thankful for friends who encourage me to keep a proper perspective and to know that God's love can truly bridge any distance!
Sweet friends who always point me to Him!
Blessed time with the Board at the Academy I have worked the past 2 years and their precious kids.
Ephesians 3:20-21