Friday, May 25, 2012

"Bozeman or Bust"


Road trip - Are we there yet?!

What a road trip! Eight states (Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri, Iowa, South Dakota, Wyoming and finally into Montana) in three days!  Along the way we were able to stop at some pretty cool rest stops, the Badlands and a quick drive past Mount Rushmore.  It was unbelievable to see God's creation and truly just marvel in how awesome He is.  Other than getting a little sick along the way, it was a very smooth and relaxing ride to just be still for a while.  I am grateful for my two sweet friends who made the trip out with me!

We made it into Bozeman, Montana Tuesday evening.  I got to meet with the Pastor and his wife and their three (soon to be four) precious kids.  We continued our discussions of ministry opportunities for the summer and I have spent the past couple days getting acquainted with the town, only making a couple U-turns along the way! Wednesday night I got to see many of the people from the church I had met back in November.  It is amazing to see how fast relationships centered on the Lord are picked up.  I am excited to serve alongside them and see God at work.  I was also able to take a day trip this week to Yellowstone, which is about an hour from Bozeman, and saw a moose, a bear, bison, elk, deer, a fox, hot springs and geysers.  There was still snow on the mountaintops AND it snowed during the day, which was my favorite part! 

The Badlands - Amazing God made all this!
Mt Rushmore
Yellowstone National Park
On the drive out of Yellowstone

As life has quickly gotten busy, I have been reminded about the importance of starting and ending the day in His Word and praising Him.  It is so important to start each day allowing Him to fill us up so we are able to overflow with His love and grace as we go through each day.  This verse He has burned on my heart this past week:

"Be joyful always, pray continually, and give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thes 5:16-18

This is so important because our attitude is contagious, prayers keep our focus on Him, and giving thanks is a humble reminder that He is the giver of everything!

Please pray for:
- The ability to get to know people in the community and build relationships with those who can help share the Gospel.
- For the Lord to give us clear direction on which of the many ministry opportunities to focus on.
- Patience as I find my way around a new place!

Thank you so much to all of you who I have heard from on the way out to Bozeman - your support means so much and I thank God for each of you!