Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Happenings around Bozeman

It has been a crazy last few weeks here in Bozeman.  Perhaps the most exciting news is that Baby Levi is here!  Pastor James and Misty are excited and Levi's three older sisters are absolutely enamored with the little man.  And he is so cute!

Cassie, Muranda and Alex with their baby brother

First official Wyatt family photo with Levi!

So sweet getting to hold the little guy!


One of the doors God has opened here has been the opportunity to get involved at Heritage Christian, a K-12 school here in Bozeman.  I was able to serve as a chaperone on a fifth to ninth grade field trip to Big Sky Resort where the kids got to do archery, hike, zip line and do a ropes course - I don't remember having field trips that exciting when I was in school!!  I have also had the chance to help out with the 5th-8th grade girls volleyball team.  It has been a great opportunity to get to know some of the other children and parents in the area and am excited to see what else God will have in store there.

With Taylor and Alex on the field trip

Crystal, who is the head volleyball coach,
and I on the field trip.
Volleyball team trying to make a pyramid at picture day :)


At the church it has been especially sweet in Sunday School and Children's Church to see the kids growing in their knowledge of His Word more and more each time we are together.  We did a review activity this past Sunday on what we have been learning over the past couple months and they all blew me away!  On Wednesday nights there have been some children visiting so we are praying that we can share His love with them in a very tangible way and get them more plugged in as time goes on!  On Halloween night, October 31 we are hosting Trunk or Treat for children of the community.  Please pray for what God will do through that ministry outreach.

Additionally, I have been learning a ton in the World Religions class I am auditing at Montana Bible College and the Skiers and Snowboarders for Christ Bible study I am in has been a great time of fellowship and intentional time in His Word.  One of the things God has been constantly speaking to me lately has been the importance of serving out of His love instead of out of duty.  I think it is easy to get wrapped up in outward appearance and "doing the right thing" and completely miss what God desires, especially when running from one activity to the next.  In 2 Chronicles 16:9 it says, "The eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth looking to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to HIM." I have seen in my own life that when I allow Him to change me from the inside out, then His love will overflow naturally onto others, instead of doing things in my own strength.  Allowing Him to fill us daily is the only way to "walk as Jesus did (1 John 2:6)."

In addition, it snowed here October 3!  Woo hoo! The count down to ski season has officially commenced :) ... But it really has been nice to get out and enjoy the beautiful fall weather we have had the past couple weeks.
Enjoying God's creation just outside of Bozeman

Praises/Prayer Requests:
- Huge praise for the doors God is starting to open here - please pray I would be obedient to Him and only say "yes" to what God calls me to and not to all the good things that are in my path.
- Also a praise for the friendships that I have developed here in Bozeman - life is meant to be lived in community and I am so grateful for the many people He has put in my life, both here and elsewhere that help my eyes stay focused on Him in every season.
- Pray for Pastor James and Misty and little baby Levi as they raise him to walk with the Lord.
- Pray for patience and wisdom for Pastor James, our youth pastor Andrew and myself as we make decisions concering potential upcoming ministries at Kirkwood.

Let me know how I can be praying for you! Love you all!!