Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Nashville trip!

"Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ."
Romans 10: 17

What an INCREDIBLE trip to Nashville!!  My heart is so full from the time God allowed me to have there!

First, there was a five day missions conference known as the Global Impact Celebration at Judson Baptist Church.  It was such a sweet time with my Nashville church family and hearing what God is doing all over the world!  Judson has mission partners in places including Kenya, Guatemala, Brazil, Nicaragua, Honduras, New York, Montana and throughout Tennessee.  It was so encouraging to hear what God is doing all over the place and to have a chance to share with so many what God has been doing out in Montana as well.  To God be the glory for allowing me to be apart of a community that is willing to be His witnesses in "Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria and to the ends of the earth (Acts 1:8)."  To all of you there I was able to spend time with, whether at church, in passing or out and about over the couple weeks - no words can thank you for your love, support and encouragement.   


Opening Night of Global Impact Celebration at
Judson Baptist Church in Nashville, Tennessee

Another huge blessing of the trip was the chance to return to Foundations Christian Academy where I worked at for two years.  The group is like one big family centered on Jesus and is just a big bundle of love and encouragement.  The families there have served in over 60 countries and 48 states and have such a heart for sharing the Gospel.  I had the chance to speak in Chapel to the kids (about 140 K-6th graders) and many of the sweet parents who stayed that morning, about the Armor of God and related it to what I have experienced during my time in Montana and other missions experiences I have had.  I encouraged the kids and families to be obedient to God's call on their lives.  I also had the chance to get over 100 of them together one evening to celebrate what God has been doing and just reconnect with everyone - it was such a special time.  Here is a link to slideshow of pictures from time with them!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLWdEvGf6PU&feature=youtu.be


Speaking in Chapel at FCA
With the FCA 5th grade class

Part of the group during an awesome evening together!

Additionally, I had the opportunity to catch up with Chris and Christy White who run Mobilizing Students and a great missions program called Trek-X that focuses on launching the next generation ministry.  Students in the program are trained for two years in the states and then serve overseas for two years with the opportunity to stay on the mission field after that.  I have gotten to know them through a mutual friend over the past couple years and they have been a huge blessing and source of encouragement to me.  It was great to catch up with them in addition to attending a morning session with the current Trek-X students in their program.  Please pray for what God is doing through their ministry ... and if you or someone you know is entering, in, or just leaving college and is interested in missions, the Trek-X program is definitely worth praying about and looking in to!  They also send many mission teams overseas in addition to an awesome missions week called Urban Plunge in Atlanta each summer.   (Check out: http://www.mobilizingstudents.com/Mobilizing_Students/home.html and see all they have going on!)

With Chris and Christy White

Additionally, I had the opportunity to catch up for a few with Sam Feazel of Ignite Missions who I have served with for three years in Honduras - God is doing incredible things through that ministry and you can't help but walk away fired up after being around Sam!  Please pray for him and his wife Peggy and what God is doing through Ignite Missions down there!

Sam Feazel, Ignite Missions founder

It was truly an awesome couple of weeks - I wish I could list every detail of what happened but just know that every single one of you I got to see just made my day and you are each a reminder of His faithfulness - it was great feeling like I was home in Nashville and could also return home to Bozeman where God has called me for this season ... I got back to Montana yesterday and have already hit the ground running getting back in the swing of things!

Please pray for:
- Individuals and families to come to Montana to partner with us throughout this next year!  (And if God is leading you out here - contact me :)
- To be able to clearly discern which doors God is opening here in Bozeman and to walk through them with boldness in His name.
- For Pastor James and his wife Misty as they are getting ready to have their fourth child!
- For God to provide us a worship leader at Kirkwood Baptist here in Bozeman.

Love to you all! Please keep me updated on how I can be praying for you!