Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Celebration

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.  For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ." 2 Cor 1:3-5

I first wanted to thank each of you for the prayers you have lifted up and support you have shown through this time.  From my church family in Nashville, to those I know in Bozeman, to former golfing, ski and school buddies, to friends serving the Lord all over the world, God has put so many incredible people in my life.  There is no greater comfort we can receive than that of Jesus and I just wanted you each to know the prayers you have lifted up have been felt as His presence has been unmistakable over the past few weeks.  God is so faithful in every season of life when we look to and put our trust in Him.

I was in Utah for five days this past week taking care of things surrounding my dad's passing.  In addition to all the business/legal stuff to take care of, we had a sweet celebration of life to honor my dad.  Many people came, from some of his high school buddies, to relatives, to neighbors, to some people I had never met.  It was great to have everyone there and as my dad wished, "have people talk about how cool he was."  Everything went as smoothly as could be expected and I am grateful to everyone who came and for those who helped with the preparation for the celebration.

Also, I got a sweet surprise when Phil (aka Poppy) said he was going to fly into town.  It was such a blessing having a slice of home there and his support meant so much.

With Poppy in Midway, UT
 I also got to spend a lot of time with my uncle as well as my friend Nikki who I have skiied with in the winter since we were kids.

With my Uncle Bill (in the back), my friend Nikki and her parents
While in Utah I also got to meet with Pastor Russ and his wife Lesley who are friends of Pastor James and Misty who I am currently serving with in Montana.  It was so sweet to have lunch with them and hear about what God is doing in and through their ministry.  We had a sweet time praying for each other, and I also was privileged to go to service at their church (First Baptist Provo) Sunday when I was in town.

I made it back to Bozeman Monday morning after the time in Utah and tried to rest up a little bit, but pretty much hit the ground running.  Pastor James and Misty's good friends from Tennessee, Natalie and Jonathan along with their two kids, are in town and they have been a great encouragement and help.  The biggest task has been getting ready for a week of camp I am directing beginning July 23rd (next Monday).  The theme is Olympic Week: Run the Race (Hebrews 12:1-2).    Please pray for the children that will be coming and their families that they will hear and respond to the Gospel, as well as for the workers that they will see God working in and through their lives.

Gearing up for Olympic Week
Please also pray for:
-The Youth Bash Cookout we have coming up this Saturday at the park! 
-Partnerships in the community - God has started to put people in our path that could potentially be great to partner with in the ministry in Bozeman and the greater part of Montana - grateful for that and please continue to pray for upcoming meetings and potential opportunties.
-All the work I will still have to do in the coming months in relation to my dad's passing.
-Continue to pray for Pastor James and Misty as they are expecting their 4th child in October!

No matter what season of life we are walking through we can always trust in the Lord and what He is doing.  His ways are so much higher than ours and His plans are always greater than ours.  Through each moment these past few weeks He has been present, and for that, I give Him all the glory... We serve a God who can relate to everything we are going through.  As it says in the Word, each moment it is possible to "cast your worries and cares upon the Lord because He cares about you (1 Peter 5:7)." 

I will post updates after camp next week!  Please drop me a line anytime with specific ways I can be praying for you!