Monday, August 19, 2013

Using Our Gifts for His Glory

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know the testing of your faith develops perseverance, and perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete and not lacking anything." 
-James 1:3

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 
-1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Many of you know I injured my back in college while on a golf scholarship to Vanderbilt University and ended up having to walk away from playing.  It was one of the most difficult seasons of my life to endure but also one of the sweetest because I learned that joy is not contingent on our circumstances but our ability to rest and trust in Jesus and His plan for our life, which is always far greater than anything we could come up with.  The night I would have left for my last tournament in college I got a call and offered a position with a traveling sports ministry that used sports camps as a platform to share the Gospel.  After that summer, other opportunities God has put in my path over the past five years have taken me around the country and the world seeing hundreds come to know Him.  We serve an awesome God.

In March 2012, after struggling for years with my back that effected my day to day living, let alone my ability to play sports, I had four nerve endings burnt off in the lower part of my back, and after a few months of rehab it was feeling stronger than it had in a very long time.  In May 2012 I moved to Bozeman, Montana to pursue what the Lord had for me here...  I didn't even know where my clubs were but last year while on a trip to clean out my dad's place after he passed away, I pieced together a set from what I found in the garage and ended up taking them with me back to Bozeman thinking maybe at some point I'd be able to hit a few shots again.  I pulled them out of the garage in late spring once all the snow had melted out here and was five years removed from tournament golf heading into this summer, but last week I competed in the Montana State Women's Amateur and below is the link to the news piece that was done after the tournament.  God works in ways far beyond what we could ever imagine and we can use any of the talents He has given us to bring glory to Him.  I am so thankful for all God has taught me through this and for the doors He has opened.  He is faithful and we can praise Him in every season and circumstance if our foundation is in Him.

http://www.kbzk.com/videos/athlete-of-the-week-amber-lundskog/






"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than we all ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus for ever and ever! Amen."
-Ephesians 3:20-21