Friday, August 24, 2012

Summer Endings and New Beginnings

Here is what has gone on over the past couple weeks and ministry opportunities heading into this fall and winter!


- This December I will have opportunity to go on a mission trip to Slovenia.  The trip is with the International Sports Federation - an organization that uses sports missions as a tool to share the Gospel.  One of my friends, Jessica, who I served with when I worked for a traveling sports ministry a few years ago, is their Director of Mobilization, and she will also be going.  Our team will be skiing at various resorts in Slovenia and distributing evangelism materials in partnership with local missionaries.  Please pray that I will be able to raise the support necessary to go on this trip!  For those of you who might not know, to the left is a map that shows where Slovenia is.  As those who understand ski and boarding lingo would say, I can't wait to go "shred (tear up the mountain) for my Savior!" or in Bible terms, "Whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him (Colossians 3:17)."





Catapalooza Booth

- Catapalooza is a three day event at Montana State University where over 2,500 incoming freshman and their parents, along with other students and people in the community come through.  Many organizations in the community set up booths.  I was able to set up a booth for Kirkwood Baptist along with our youth pastor Andrew and treasurer Matt.  We handed out care packages to many students that included invitations to a dinner we are hosting in a couple weeks and other information about Kirkwood. Throughout the three days we were able to make connections with many students as well as other organizations and ministries. It was a blast!  Please pray for God to open the door to further these relationships.





Bench outside the front doors -
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father,
the Son and the Holy Spirit." Matthew 28:19



 - This fall I will have to opportunity to audit a class at Montana Bible College here in Bozeman.  I will be taking the World Religions class and am excited about the opportunity.  I really thought I would never go back to school, but when this door opened I just couldn't pass up the opportunity!  Class starts this coming Monday morning and I am looking forward to meeting new people and learning from teachers who have a passion for taking Jesus to the nations.








- This Sunday, the 26th, I will have the chance to share my testimony during service at Kirkwood Baptist.  God tells us in Revelation 12:11 that "we overcome by the blood of the lamb and the word of our testimony."  That means that what God has done in and through our lives is important and we should be willing to share it with others... all for His glory.

Please also pray for:
- Pastor Wyatt, Misty and their three girls as they are still in Tennessee visiting family.  They will be returning to Montana Monday, August 27th.
- For God to open the door to build relationships with some of those we met at Catapalooza this past week as well as to partnerships with other ministries in town.
- Most of the kids head back to school here August 29th. Please pray especially for our youth pastor Andrew and his plans to reach the youth in the community this fall. I also have some meetings I am trying to set up in the next couple weeks to discuss with key people possible plans in the coming year. We will also be fully back into the swing of Sunday and Wednesday night activities starting the beginning of September.
- Please pray as I adjust to my schedule for this fall - that I am intentional with my time and am faithful in pursuing the opportunities God puts in my path.

A couple quick shoutouts: Know I am praying for all of you back in Nashville - for everyone at Judson as you get ready for the Global Impact Celebration in a few weeks (can't wait to be there!) and to the kiddos and families at Foundations Christian Academy (where I worked Aug 2010-May 2012) - hope you had a great first week back at school and looking forward to hearing all about what God does through each of you throughout this year!  Miss you all but so grateful to be where God has me for this season!

Love you all and thank you so much for your prayers and support! It definitely makes my day whenever I hear from you!